Wednesday, March 24, 2010

and there was cake

I hope you're having a lovely Wednesday!  It is beautiful today; spring time please stay.  Because we have company coming over tonight, I made a little cake.  This cake is always a hit, and it is so simple.







I should have let the icing melt a bit more so that it would have been easier to pour.






1 lemon cake mix
1 box of lemon jello
1 cup water
4 eggs
1/3 cup oil
Bake on 350 for 50-60 minutes.  After the cake has cooled, melt icing in the microwave for about 20 seconds and pour it over the cake.


I am not planning on eating any, but I will tell you what everyone thinks.
On to my own actual eats.  My mom got me a few Luna Bars!






okay, okay so a few more than a few :)
I take one of these with me to school just about everyday.  They never fail in holding me over until I can get home and eat lunch.  


Speaking of lunch, I made a pretty good one.

Sorry for the blur, i was in a hurry to take a bite.



Nope, it isn't chicken.  It's Naked Chik'n Cutlets from Quorn.  I cooked it in the oven, added lettuce and sun dried tomatoes and put it on a multigrain sandwich thin.  (I much prefer the whole wheat sandwich thins)
I think I got my comment section working now... fingers crossed. :)

1 comment: